Bottom 3: Jacob Lusk, Stefano Langone, Pia Toscano
My Bottom 3: Stefano, Lauren, Haley
Dialidol.com Bottom 3: Stefano, Jacob, Paul
Not to mention that dialidol ALSO had Pia in the Top 3 of the night. So...WHAT ON EARTH HAPPENED!?!?!? This makes no sense, right? The judges were in complete shock, right? They were crying, right? Well, they have no one to blame but themselves. I absolutely blame this on the new judging panel. I'm not going to go out and say that America, as a whole, are stupid. But clearly they do need some legit guidance. And this crop of judges, while entertaining, do not possess a voice of reason. Someone that everyone waits to hear their final word on a performance. Hey, maybe even if Simon critiqued Pia and said what she needed to work on, it would have gotten voters in her corner last night.
Something is off. And praising Stefano and Haley for the same crap they always do is just not helping anybody. It has been week after week of praising contestants. And don't get me started on the Judges Save. The concept is ridiculous as it is. I mentioned in the comments this morning that I feel it is just a plot to squeeze another 2 hour episode of American Idol out before they get to a manageable level of contestants. They griped so much about how they lost Chris Daughtry and Tamyra Gray in previous seasons. Guess what? TOP 5, TOP 4! Not TOP 11!!! 11???? Hey, Casey was shocking, I'll give them that. But wouldn't the ultimate shocker have been if Pia was let go? Guess what kids? She's gone! No save the show is screwed!
They have a real issue with that judging panel, and I hope this is a wake up call to them. But I'm thinking it's way too late now. This was supposed to be the season where they found another superstar. Someone actually deserving of the title, "American Idol". Really, who is left that deserves that title?
- Jacob? No sireebob. He won't be marketable to the masses.
- James? Maybe, but I don't know if I can consistently eat the food he's dishing out. And there is that screech. ugh
- Stefano? I thought he might be a sleeper at one point, but he is regurgitating the same kind of tunes each week. If he started mixing things up, I might be able to get behind him.
- Casey? I like him, but the WINNER? I just can't see it. And he definitely wouldn't be a superstar. He'd have his niche group of fans. And maybe he'd appear on a Jimmy Fallon Late Night Show to sing Rebecca Black's "Friday" one day. (you may have to put a little time to get that reference!)
- Haley? God I hope not
- Lauren? Well, she would seem to be the most marketable of what's left, right? But she's just too darn young. She had a spark in the auditions and even though I rolled my eyes at it, it's what made her somewhat appealing. She needs to get it back. But, I don't have high hopes for it. Maybe if she realizes that Pia is gone and she might actually have a shot at this, she'll gain some confidence.
- Paul? Hey, I'd love it if Paul got his mojo back and kept the ball rolling all the way to the crown. That would be awesome. But, superstar? I just don't see it.
- Scotty? It seems more likely now that Scotty will be riding the popularity train for a longer time. And it helps that he's a likable dude. And his first album will sell like hotcakes on the country charts win or lose. But longevity? We'll see.
It's a whole new ballgame folks. We start all over next week. I look forward to hearing everyone else's thoughts/feelings on this elimination night. But for now, I'm done! Hope you enjoyed my ramblings and I'll see you next week!
Check Out My New Blog!
I've been recapping any and all TV over at the TV Addicts Blog (www.tvaddictsblog.com). Mainly The Event, Fringe and The Walking Dead. Occasionally, I'll comment on other shows I'm watching. I'm already looking ahead to some other returning shows this spring as well as some potentially big shows in Fall 2011. Keep tuning in and join the discussions!