- Sarina-Joi - That annoying One Republic Song - Entire song was out of tune. After last week I was hoping she'd do better. I really don't like this "revealing they're moving on to the next round" right before they perform. It gets them all out of sorts. Combination of it being bad and her going first is a bad combination. It'll depend on how the show works tomorrow I think if she'll move on.
- Rayvon Owen - "Wide Awake" by Katy Perry - Probably his best performance I've heard since the live shows. Not great, just his best. He's a good singer. I'm sure he'll be okay.
- Daniel Seavey - "Straight Up" by Paula Abdul (or a rip off of what that dude did on Idol a few seasons ago) - I've already expressed my feelings on this dude. At least Harry finally agrees he's too young and inexperienced. That said, he sounded his best tonight until he forgot his place in the song. Someone is voting him through. And it's going to get more humiliating for Sanjaya every week he stays in. Oh wait, did I say Daniel?
- Maddie Walker - "Suitcase" by Gwen Sebastian - Maybe it's the idol stage vs. Detroit. This is the best I've heard her sing too. Could hear a nice country tone in there. Judges talked about her being in her head. Maybe but this seemed more vote-worthy than her past performances.
- Tyanna Jones - "Wings" by too lazy to look up - Besides her blue clown hair, she did a pretty awesome job. The big highlight was the way she worked the stage, which all 3 judges noted as well. She seems like a natural up there. A few notes were a little cringe-worthy but she'll be fine.
- Nick Fradiani - "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel (but he's totally ripping off the Jeffrey Gaines version) - Once he sang this song, I finally remembered him from the audition. There's a chance the cover version of this song is so old now people think he's being original. He sang a perfectly capable version of the song, but I still don't see the "idol" appeal in him. He's just a dude that can play guitar and sing. Not really sure how to explain it. Maybe the judges saying he doesn't believe in himself is what I can't put into words myself.
- Jax - "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" by The Beatles - She still has a unique style that keeps me interested for now. I agree she was better on the piano alone before bringing the band in. But the band version wasn't bad either.
- Qaasim Middleton - "Sir Duke" by Stevie Wonder - Qassim was smart starting off with a quiet start to the toe tapping Stevie song. He needed to show some versatility. We know he can bring the crazy, and he did once again in this song eventually. But he proved he can sing a powerful ballad without resorting to the dancing and screeching off pitch high notes. The man is an entertainer and he's obviously one of the favorites.
- Clark Beckham - "It's a Man's Man's Man's World" by James Brown - I still really like this guy. He feels what he's singing and sneaks in some crazy runs naturally. I always feel like he's going to crack his voice but he always finds a way to hit his notes. He's a favorite this year as well.
- Joey Cook - "King of Spain" by Tallest Man on Earth - Was she playing an electric ukulele? I figured she'd get in after her better performance last week, but I still don't see longevity on the show for her. She's a strange bird and that will appeal to some. We'll see!
- Quentin Alexander - "Royals" by Lorde - (WILDCARD PICK) - Surprised he didn't make it in on votes. I'm sure the bursting into tears at the end of his performance was enough to win over votes. He sang well though too!
- Adanna Duru - "You and I" by Lady Gaga - Another case of the "too excited to sing" I guess getting picked first or last will do that? I'm still shocked she got in over some of the others. I think I picked her 2 weeks to go home. (And she might have if they didn't do a wildcard). Her performance was a little intense and a little out of tune for the reasons stated above. I guess she has potential, but I don't know if I'm too interested at this point.
So I picked 1 of the 4 that went home. Alexis Gomez. Not good odds, but I still feel pretty good about picking Nick and Daniel based on how they did tonight. Maddie redeemed herself a bit.
Here's my rundown for tonight:
Safe: Rayvon, Qassim, Clark, Quentin, Tyanna, Jax
Should be okay: Maddie, Daniel
Might be in Danger: Sarina Joi, Adanna, Joey, Nick
Elimination Pick: Nick Fradiani - Not sure how confident I am in this, but his performance was pretty forgettable and he's pretty forgettable too. We'll see what happens!
Okay, that's all I have for tonight. Hope you enjoyed my ramblings and I'll see you tomorrow!