With that said, let's dive in!
- Shelbie Z - "Work Hard, Play Harder" by Gretchen Wilson - Winona reborn. She's not too bad, but she's a lot to take personality-wise. Might be forgotten after 11 more performances.
- Manny Torres - "Adventure of a Lifetime" by Coldplay - What on earth is that shirt he's wearing? Not one of Coldplay's best tunes and there's not much he can do with the song to showcase his vocal chops. But, they've been featuring him since the last audition episode. He's most likely going to be going through.
- Kory Wheeler - "Let It Go" by James Bay - Good song, decent performance. Always have a soft spot for the piano folk! Judge reaction was mixed. We'll see.
- Amelia Eisenhower - "Wake Me Up" by Avicii - Hitting all the notes, but she was a little nasally with the performance. She changed up the tune a little bit which was interesting. I was less enthused than the judges. But they're picking this round.
- Jenn Blosil - "Sorry" by Justin Bieber - Love her voice. Really quirky girl, but it works to her advantage. And if she can make a Bieber song more listenable, then she has a gift. I have a pretty good ear for hearing if things are in tune and it sounded fine to me, Harry!
- CJ Johnson - "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain - Why do people still sing this song EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.? Don't get me wrong, I love the song but it is way over its Idol limit. I never have been impressed by this guy. All clips they showed from Hollywood week were just of him screaming. And this performance WAS out of tune, HARRY! I just assumed this would be one of the guys going home before the show even started.
- Lee Jean - "Runaway" by Ed Sheehan - He's been a fave of the judges and American Idol producers from the beginning. He sounded pretty good. Song choice, I agree, might not have been the best. The funny thing is I actually have heard that song a lot since the entire Ed Sheeran collection was on my daughter's bedtime playlist for awhile! Whatever gets them to sleep! He'll make it to next week.
- Trent Harmon - "What Are You Listening To" by Chris Stapleton - This guy is really good. Might have had a little unfair advantage in group rounds due to the mono, but they couldn't lose him in the competition. Love Stapleton too so he's got good taste!
- Tristan McIntosh - "Good Girl" by Carrie Underwood - Idol producers LOVE this girl. And why wouldn't they? She's got a good look, good voice and a mom in the military that she loves to talk about all the time and make the world cry along with her! As for the performance tonight? It was aight.
- Adam Lasher - "Black and Gold" by Sam Sparro - I have no memory of this guy from earlier rounds. Never heard this song before either. He was okay I guess. But not enough to make him stand out after not even remembering him. Judges didn't seem too excited either. I will agree that this night is not as good as last week's crop. But, I don't think I'm agreeing with the judges on who was good or bad.
- Dalton Rapattoni - "Rebel Yell" by Billy Idol - I will say that this guy does like to take risks with his performances. He definitely has the look of someone who will be in our top 10. He also has the look of someone from a Final Fantasy game. It was good and definitely will stand out more than most tonight.
- Olivia Rox - "Confident" by Demi Lovato - As tradition foretells, the final performance will stand out more often than not. I will say that Olivia most certainly did Rox.
Well, it was a mixed bag of a night. Here's my best guess at the eliminations!
Elimination Picks: Adam Lasher, CJ Johnson, Manny Torres, Amelia Eisenhower, Tristan Macintosh
I'm not as confident in these picks as I was last week. There are some early faves in there that just really didn't deliver tonight. But, since they called out Shelbie Z as one of the ones that did well, I had to pick someone over her. And I'm biased to a few other people that the judges weren't too thrilled about. I can't imagine a Top 10 without Jenn Blosil and Harry said she was out of tune the whole performance. Oh well, we'll see what happens tomorrow night!
Looking forward to seeing Daughtry, Cook, Pickler and Sparks! Could live without Reinhart but I know she has her Idol fanbase that absolutely loves her. I forget the 6th one that is joining us but I'll remember soon enough.
Hope you enjoyed my ramblings and I'll see you next week!