Eliminated: Melinda Doolittle
My Pick: Blake Lewis
Farewell, Melinda...and great run! That means our winner of season 6 American Idol will be Jordin Sparks or Blake Lewis! Blake has sure picked up a lot of steam these past few weeks. But, I think we had already figured that if either Melinda or Jordin were to face blake in the finals, the competition will already have been decided. Of course, I've spoken too soon before, but I will stick with my prediction from way back at the start of the top 12 that Jordin Sparks will be wearing that crown and singing the dreary new Idol song at the end of the show next year. Speaking of the songwriter's contest. I listened to the Top 20 songs submitted, and most of them are much much much worse than Inside Your Heaven and Do I Make You Proud combined. There were a couple ones that are at least listenable, but none of them will lend themselves easily to a beatbox (non-subtle hint hint!)
Highlights from tonight:
- Maroon 5 performing their new single "Makes Me Wonder" and watching singer Adam Levine (that is his name, right? or did I just make it up?) cover his mouth instead of saying the dreaded "F" word! Real subtle once again!
- The homer simpson intro? Really? was that necessary?
- Melinda's writing on her dress "Death Cheater" huh???
- Blake's Dad's refusal to leave the stage leading to Ryan saying "seriously, take a seat!"
- Blaker girl's t-shirt stating "Marry Me" but the "Marry" and the "Me" were never on level with each other on the t-shirt! (yeah...none of us are being real subtle tonight!)
- Our very own Mr. Tumnus returned to the stage with NEW TEETH! And man were they white! Was glad to hear him sing "Wait For You" that's a good tune. For those who didn't read the season 5 blogs, of course I'm talking about Elliott Yamin! I'm so happy for that crazy fawn! He really did create his own magical land of Narnia! Good Job Elliott!
Well that'll just about do it! 2 blogs remain before we wrap up yet another season of Idol. Anyone super shocked that Melinda has left us? Will you refuse to watch the finale? Who will win it all? Comment away! See you next week!