Eliminated: Michael Johns
Bottom 3: Syesha Mercado, Michael Johns, Carly Smithson
My Bottom 3: Syesha Mercado, Kristy Lee Cook, Carly Smithson
DialIdol Bottom 3: Carly Smithson, Syesha Mercado, David Cook
I am totally speechless. I mean, even Carly, with her bad performance would've been kinda a shocker. BUT Michael Johns??? Seriously? What's the lesson here? Well, don't go first! And if you're going to go first, better make it memorable or at least be David Archuleta! Okay, "Dream On" was not the best song to sing, but he wasn't AWFUL! The screaming at the end? Yeah, overkill. I guess on a night of unimpressive performances it was anyone's guess who was going home. So much for a D. Cook/Michael Johns finale. Guess we have to make room for that crazy Artichoke again who was afraid to play the piano in front of 30 million people! (yeah...good excuse for barely playing it!!)
Good call anyone who said Kristy wouldn't be in the bottom 3. I still thought she deserved to be there. In no way do I think she is a MASTER STRATEGIST. She's just finally singing the songs people expected her to sing from the beginning. And after seeing Carrie Underwood Wednesday night, go back and watch Kristy's performance of "Anyway." See the difference? Yep, I thought so too. So Syesha and Kristy should still be on deck as the next to go. But any faltering by Jason or Brooke could see them in the hot seat. Carly has a chance to rebound and get herself back into favorite status with Cook and Archie. Of course, Cook needs some rebounding to do as well! And he looked very humbled to be heading to the couches this week. So much for arrogance right doubters?
I don't know what else to say kids. This is really has be lost for words (yet I keep writing!). I don't think I've been this stumped since Tamyra went home before Nikki! So with that said, I have two more prepared sections of thoughts that I already wrote up for you.
Idol Gives Back Thoughts:
Here was the comment I posted in the Tuesday blog about the Idol Gives Back episode
- Good for Charity, so can't complain much.... except....
- Archuleta had 5 words to memorize from Rent's "Seasons of Love" and still messed it up!
- Miley Cyrus, actually not too bad! But 2 songs? Definitely trying to keep those ratings up with the kiddies!
- Fergie with Heart - AWESOME!!!!
- Carrie Underwood - RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME!
- Annie Lennox - LEGENDARY!!!!
- Daughtry's acoustic "What About Now" - Pretty darn good too!
- Kimmel's "Who parts that for you, MOSES?" - hysterical
- other comedy - awful!
- Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown's duet was actually really good! Crazy. Except I thought I heard some Ashley Simpson like Vocal Track assistance for Jordin. But the comedy came in when they start giving Jordin her plaques of disappointing sales figures. They had to resort to 1 Million iTunes single downloads instead of Multi-Million Album sales (yep...only 500,000 and it's been out for quite some time now!)
- Presidential Candidates all gave their Idol Gives Back speech. McCain was the funniest. Let's vote for him!
- All the other leftover clips that didn't air Wednesday aired tonight. Some more powerful and sad stuff.
And with that, I think I'm done! Is next week Mariah week? I think I read somewhere it was. Are they really all going to sing Mariah songs? Hmmmm Please Archie....sing "FANTASY" or "SOMEDAY" ! That really would make my night! But no, Archie will sing "There's Got to Be a Way" or "Hero" or "One Sweet Day" due to his Inspirational Music kick! Come on...dudes singing Mariah? There's something wrong with that! Of course, look at me....I know all of her songs apparently!
See you next week everyone!