Eliminated: Kristy Lee Cook
Bottom 3: Kristy Lee Cook, Brooke White, Syesha Mercado
My Bottom 3: Kristy Lee Cook, Carly Smithson, Syesha Mercado
Dialidol.com's Bottom 3: Syesha Mercado, Brooke White, Carly Smithson
Yes dialidol, even in CYA mode, predicted that KLC might show up in the bottom 3 but was predicted to be safe from elimination. Oh well, I've spent seasons explaining how that site is rarely on the money with their picks! Plus, it's not like I'm one to talk! But I'm not tapping phone lines either to figure out the numbers! Just guessing!
Anyway, I won't really be able to prove this one unless someone could vouch for me, but I totally called how they were going to trick us with their bottom 3 shenanigans tonight. Every year the top 7 elimination show splits our contestants into 2 groups of 3 with one group being the bottom 3. Once they split up Castro and D. Cook, I had the feeling they were going to swap one of them right before they announced the bottom 3. And sure enough, it happened! So while I can't pick an eliminated contestant for the life of me, I have SOMETHING going for me. One disturbing thing that happened was Archuleta being the 7th man out that had to pick which group to stand next to. My problem with this? The last 2 seasons it was Taylor Hicks and Jordin Sparks. But I don't believe in superstitions! (REVISION NOTE: Commenter Ian corrected me on this. It was actually Melinda Doolittle in this role in season 6) I still think David Cook has evolved the most on this show and continues to impress while The Artichoke just continually appears to be more and more uncomfortable on the show, even though he says he's feeling more and more comfortable. And I'm sure he IS having the time of his life. Makes me think they'll do a DIRTY DANCING Theme Night just so he can sing the song before this season is over!
So Andrew Lloyd Weber week next week eh? Yeah, I'm going with "Music of the Night" for Archie. Not that it's an inspirational tune or anything, but I'm sure he really feels that one! But there is a lot of lower register singing in that one so he wouldn't do too well on it. Will be interesting to see what Cook does (finally I can just call him Cook!). Would be cool if they could do more than just Andy's tunes (yeah we're on nickname basis me and the Webster) because Cook could do a mean Roger from Rent! And since they did "Seasons of Love" at Idol Gives Back they must have some musical permissions to do Rent music!
Anyways some other thoughts from the results show:
- Elliott Yamin's Mom died :-( That was really sad. Those were some really touching episodes when she made appearances on season 5. Sounds like it was really recent too. Crazy.
- Mariah - was everyone noticing the focus on her right side now? How about her Sign Language she added to the song with her right hand? How about when the song was over and she kept trying to get on Ryan's one side for the interview so that the camera would see her good side...and Ryan kept making her take the other side? It's almost like Ryan was doing it intentionally! Ahhh good times!
- The Q&A - Okay they need to screen those calls better. Or maybe they don't because that was some funny stuff! The one girl calling in and taking over the show by giving shout outs for all her friends. The other lady arguing with Simon and both of them got cut off by Ryan.
- One Sweet Day - I should've known they would sing that for the group performance. And they still gave Archie the big part that the obnoxious "I have the best voice in this group" Boys II Men member sang. What was his name - Mike? Well, he did have a cool name.
- I could make up more stuff to talk about but that's about all I can think of!
So that's it, I'm 0-6 now, but my favorite to win it is still alive and in the running. And I don't think anyone was really shocked to see Kristy go. In fact, as it stands right now, it shouldn't be too surprising to see ANYONE go except the 2 Davids. But Syesha should be on deck! And yeah, we're getting into Brooke territory too, unfortunately.
That's all I got folks! What did you think of the eliminations? Are you upset by my losing streak with picking them this year? Do you think I'm nuts to think Cook has a chance over the ARCHIE? And please, I really want to know....is there anyone else out there that can't stand ol' Davey as much as me? I keep hearing from people telling me to give it a rest. Please haters...speak up! See you next week!