Congratulations America! You did well. We beat the system at got a better final 2 than the producers of American Idol wanted for us! The favorite from the very beginning of the season to reach the finals has been eliminated from competition. We have had some ups and downs with him during the show but reached our limits with the SCREAM heard round the world last week. Ladies and Gentlemen bid adieu to your latest victim!
Eliminated: Danny Gokey
My Pick: Danny Gokey
Dialidol.com's Pick: Danny Gokey
It was heartbreaking to see him audition when we learned of his wife's passing so recent before the audition. Of course, we also thought he may have been borderline using the story to his advantage to get on the show or just saw American Idol seeing this as a golden opportunity to exploit. Whatever combination it was, was powerful enough to propel Danny to the Top 3 of American Idol. Many of us were fooled for awhile that he possessed the stuff that stars were made of. The man has a good voice, but he was outshone by several contestants in many of the weeks. So, even though I liked Danny, it was right for him to be leaving this week. To NOT be competing for the GOLD. Farewell, Danny, I have Tony Robbins' phone number if you need a new line of work!
So that leaves us with the final 2 of Kris Allen (SURPRISE!!!) and Adam Lambert! Underdog vs. Oversinger! Should be a good time! As I said, I am still praying for small miracles in that Kris can take down the behemoth. Apparently, a million votes are separating these 2 contestants. I guess I will have to up my text voting next week. But this causes me quite the dilemma folks! If I look at my track record of picking the right contestant, I am a solid 6 for 7 right now. (RUBEN, really?????) Do I dare go against the grain and pick Kris over Adam because I think he is the more marketable contestant? Naturally, it comes down to how they perform next week. Although, last year people had made up their mind on David Cook way before the finale aired! This is a tough one folks, but I won't bore you with my internal dilemma anymore this week. I will save it for the Grand Finale Recap Blog!
So in the meantime, we will take a quick glance at the few highlights and lowlights we had tonight. (Come on, it was LOST Finale night, cut me some slack!)
- African Kid Noah getting a chance to sing on Idol. Okay, I'll admit it, the song wasn't very exciting but I am all for the CONCEPT of what happened, so...HIGHLIGHT!
- Hometown Heroes Clips - Always a good time. Danny had the girl running after his limo, Kris got to sign a guitar hero guitar and console his crying father, and then Adam got the streaker. I'll just leave that at NO COMMENT!
- Ford Commercial was pretty entertaining. Gotta love 80's tunes and it seemed like they were doing an homage to A-HA's "Take on Me" with the animation meeting reality. Even though it was "Break My Stride" that they used.
- Katy Perry shamelessly promoting Adam Lambert all decked out in Elvis gear. It's a shame, she writes some pretty decent and catchy tunes, but why does she have to be so bizarre!?
- Jordin Sparks' collaboration with One Republic's Ryan Tedder on "Battlefield." Ryan and Kelly Clarkson did a couple collaborations on Kelly's new album to much better success. I mean, who in their right mind would think "Get your Armor" would be a great line to keep repeating in a song? That being said, Jordin was singing pretty well at certain points of the song! She just needs some better material!
- Night at the Museum 2 promos with the cast. Ugh, if I see Ben Stiller one more time on American Idol, well I probably will do nothing like I usually do!
That's all I got kids! Are you excited about the matchup for next week? Do you think there is any hope for Kris to upset Adam Lambert for the win? Are you upset that Go-Go Gadget Gokey is gone? Let's discuss below! Hope you enjoyed my mini-ramblings and I'll see you next week for the finale madness!
This blog can also be read and discussed on Gather.com Come check it out and throw some votes my way if you have spare time!