Wednesday, May 05, 2010

American Idol Season 9 - Top 5 Elimination Results - Who Went Home? [Recap]

Hello American Idol fanatics!  Well, it wasn't a HUGE shocker who went home on the show tonight.  But, it was still a little sad.  It was hard not to fall for the irresistible charm of the youngling.   He had a very good voice but, in the end, it just wasn't the Idol winning voice for this year.   Ladies and gentlemen please join me in bidding a fond farewell to our latest outcast!



Eliminated: Aaron Kelly
Bottom 2: Mike Lynche, Aaron Kelly
My Bottom 2: Casey James, Aaron Kelly

I guess Casey got bailed out since he had that bottom 3 scare last week.  Also, I always forget the cardinal rule.  When you have a REALLY bad performance, it makes your fans want to vote to save you even more.   Another thing to note is that Crystal has yet to be in the bottom.  And I believe the same goes for Lee.   Should be interesting to see how things pan out in the waning weeks of the competition.  Can "Songs from Movies" put some pep into this show?  Well, unless they all pick those power ballads, maybe!  But, for now let's get into the highs and lows of tonight's show.

Highlights

  • Ford Music Video - Picked a good song with "1 2 3 4" and Mike walking the dogs was a good time too.  I'm just a sucker for that video every week! 
  • Nice to see their weekly "Tuesday process".   Actually insightful information instead of promoting some other artist or movie coming out this summer!  Love the Look-a-like judges too! 
  • At least Casey admitted how bad he was last night!  
  • Lady Gaga's talent and catchy tunes!   I just can't help but get hooked on them.  "Alejandro" is a fitting choice for Cinco de Mayo too.   
  • Harry Connick Jr.'s humor throughout the Idol Process was a treat!  Love that Harry said the word "pitchy" doesn't exist! 
  • Harry Connick Jr. performs The Beatles' "And I Love Her" - Gotta give him props.  But, there's a chance he might have been a little drunk, right?   Whatever song the Top 5 came out to sing with Harry playing piano wasn't too bad either! 


Lowlights

  • Top 5 Frank Sinatra Medley - Yeah they played up the fact they only had one lady with the "Lady is a Tramp" and all, but it was just as goofy and as cheesy as all of the other medlies!  Excellent Lip Syncing though! 
  • Lady Gaga's theatrics and attire! - I mean they're all basically naked on stage.  This is a family stage!   There is also a chance she was lip syncing too.  That just ain't cool!  And definitely a pre-recorded performance as we saw no contestants or judges at their table.  
  • Glad Kara wore her pajamas to the show tonight! 
  • Refuse to comment on the continuing joking between Harry and Ellen.  (oh wait...)
And that's all I really have tonight!  It was a pretty ho-hum show, and I can admit whole heartedly that I used the "fast forward" button on my TiVo to skip some of the fluff tonight.    So, there are 4 remaining and we'll hit the MOVIES next week.   Possibly, they will get 2 songs each.  Always a good thing because then there is less fluff!    Were you all happy with the results?  Feel free to share in the comments!   Hope you enjoyed my ramblings as always and I'll see you next week!



  • I'm moonlighting at Gather.com and writing some entertainment articles, including re-posting these blog entries.  Every page hit gets me closer to a teeny tiny donation for my efforts.  If you enjoyed my writings, please click here to register a page view.     And also check out my other writings at http://mvitullo.gather.com/ 

Check out my other Blogs: 

  

No comments: