Friday, March 10, 2006

American Idol: I Need a New Job

Wow....1 for 4 this week. What a crazy turn of events. Mostly not a surprise, but that Geddeon one slapped me in the face. Maybe I misjudged America. But I think it was more of a case, finally, of votefortheworst.com. How else would Kevin Covais beat Geddeon? The worst vote combined with people that just feel sorry for him has allowed the viewers to enjoy weeks and weeks more of unintentional comedy from not 1, but 2 CONTESTANTS! That's right folks, Bucky is alive too! Here's our final 4 cast-offs to finalize our top 12.

Top Row: Will Makar, Gedeon McKinney


Bottom Row: Kinnik Sky, Ayla Brown

I think most people will miss Ayla from those 4. She was trying her best and she did her best to cry on camera last night. The other 3 weren't going to win anyway, so it wouldn't be a top 12 without some really awful people. And we have 2 or 3 of them in there now. I'm not ashamed to say it: Kevin, Bucky, Melissa. Bucky being the best of those 3. I'm glad I haven't lost my touch with picking out the underdogs. I did mention last week that Melissa may be sneaking into this top 12. Will she go far? She may last a little longer than we think. Some of the early front runners have been slipping lately and could disappear from this competition early. But logically, The 3 mentioned above should be the first 3 to go. This is where Votefortheworst.com works its magic. Look no further than Scott Savol and Anthony Federov getting to the top 4/5 last year. In such a predictable competition, there is a LOT of "unpredictableness." Isn't it great that I'm talking about the show being predictable when I'm 1 for 4 on my picks? Well, I do have my wildcard picks! So the only thing I'm shocked about is Gedeon. And I will take full responsibility for my statements saying he was a shoe-in.

So meet your top 12 America....we're going to get sick of all of these people by May (in blue is who I originally picked from the Top 24):
Ace Young
Bucky Convington
Chris Daughtry
Elliott Yamin
Katharine McPhee
Kellie Pickler
Kevin Covais
Lisa Tucker
Mandisa
Melissa McGhee
Paris Bennett
Taylor Hicks

8 for 12 aint' bad in my opinion. There's always some shockers. Speaking of shockers, how about Bo Bice not being able to stay in tune last night? If that's the "Real Thing" give me lip synching next time! OKay, that's all I have to say this week. Tune in next Tuesday for the first Top 12 performance. And yes Mandisa, there will be a bigger stage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must say, while it is a bit surprising that Geddeon (SP) was eliminated... when I look back at that bizarre interview with the record and the world and whatever the heck he was saying...it is quite possible he just freaked America out....