Thursday, March 08, 2007

American Idol - It's all about the MATH folks!

Ahhh yees. Is anyone really THAT surprised at what transpired? We called the Sabrina thing out as a possibility in the blog. It's THE MATH! Had to happen. We also knew Sanjaya would be in the top 12 against all odds. And let's face it, Sundance has been a disappointment ever since his audition. We saw a hint of possibility last week and thought he had turned a corner. Nope! Carlton getting the boot? Saw that too. Antonella....THANK GOD she's gone! Me? I'm 2 for 4, 3 for 4 with wildcards. I'll get that 4 for 4 next year if I don't write off the show completely. In case you didn't get it from my rant, here are the outcasts:




Eliminated: Jared Cotter, Antonella Barba, Sabrina Sloan, Sundance Head

Farewell kids. Can't wait to hear some more Haley and Sanjaya!
Here's your top 12! In Bold are who I picked from the top 24. In Red was my acccidental 13th pick.
  1. Blake Lewis
  2. Melinda Doolittle
  3. Lakisha Jones
  4. Gina Glocksen
  5. Chris Sligh
  6. Phil Stacey
  7. Jordin Sparks
  8. Brandon Rogers
  9. Sanjaya Malakar
  10. Haley Scarnato
  11. Stephanie Edwards
  12. Chris Richardson
Damn! I got 9 out of 12! Not too shabby! If you count Blake it's 10. Who would've thunk it? Alright, I'll stop tooting my own horn. It really doesn't matter who made the top 12 now. It's Melinda's to lose and Lakisha is currently right on her tail. Should be an interesting season. And can anyone wait until the AMERICA GIVES BACK campaign goes into high gear when the Top 6 arrive? Don't get me wrong, charity is great, but when they said they had a big announcement, that was the LAST thing I was thinking of. I love how they made it sound like Bono was gonna be on the show when all he did was give his praise for the effort. Can't wait for "WE ARE THE WORLD" 2.0 from Quincy Jones sung by these crap singers along with Gwen Stephani! Oh, it's going to be priceless!
But we have 6 weeks before that beautiful occasion. So let's sit back, relax and let the music butchering begin! (errr...continue!) I'll see you next week!



No comments: