Eliminated: Katelyn Epperly, Todrick Hall, Alex Lambert, Lilly Scott (WHAT!?!!?)
My Picks: Katie Stevens, Paige Miles, Todrick Hall, Alex Lambert
Okay, well Katelyn, I kind of saw coming. The guys, I surprisingly got right, although I'm not happy about Alex. Todrick? SEE YA BUDDY! No love lost there. But come on, LILLY? Really? I know people loved Katie and I didn't want to see her go either, but did any of us see Lilly getting the boot this early? Yeah, she has a similar sound to other contestants. Yes eventually she was going to have issues being too similar with the guitar to Crystal. But her voice was so good! Her performances were so good! I don't often say this about non top 12ers, but I think she got some good exposure and will get a deal out of this. I'm still shocked folks. And it makes this top 12 that much weaker. Let's meet them!
- Didi Benami
- Siobhan Magnus
- Paige Miles
- Casey James
- Tim Urban
- Lee Dewyze
- Crystal Bowersox
- Mike Lynche
- Lacey Brown
- Aaron Kelly
- Andrew Garcia
- Katie Stevens
But let's get to the highs and lows. And there weren't many in this episode. We were too busy naming the top 12. But tradition is tradition!
- Matt Giraud and Scott McIntyre Duet - performing Billy Joel's "Tell Her About It" Love Billy Joel so by default it becomes a Highlight. But if I want to be honest, it was quite corny! Was good to see the piano men back on stage though. Of all Billy songs to show off the piano, I don't know if "Tell Her About It" is the one. But they did get off a few good solo riffs near the end. Did I just catch Ryan calling Scott "Scottie the Body?" Ahh good times.
- So exciting to see Aaron get in. I don't expect him to win or even want him to win. But he was so nervous! Way to go Moms!!
- Not a lot of Kara screen time tonight!
- The Idol Group song was Michael Buble's "Haven't Met You Yet". You may have seen Michael Buble parody this with John Hamm in a hysterical Saturday Night Sketch. This thing was still full of all of the cheese you can get. But that being said, it wasn't too bad. But the lip syncing is out of control! I know it's tough to get 16 people to sing in harmony with all of that choreography and only have a few days to put it together. Here's an idea: DON'T DO THEM!!!
- So sad to see Alex Lambert go. He broke down into tears on the show. The only thing he has now is his mullet to wipe them away! Poor guy, I liked him. Best of luck dude! OMG, he was STILL crying during the commercial and when it came back. Poor dude. I feel so bad picking him to leave!
- There wasn't enough Kara screen time to make fun of tonight! Although her one segment explaining why she cried over Mike Lynche's performance was excruciating! My favorite part of it actually was when my wife said, "Thank God you're pretty Kara" while she kept rambling on with no end. OUCH! BURN! I loved it!
So that is all I have for tonight. Next week we start the Top 12 Finals! Who is your favorite to win? How do you feel about the results? Go ahead and comment below. Hope you enjoyed my ramblings and I'll see you next week!
Please Click to Support! I'm moonlighting at Gather.com and writing some entertainment articles, including re-posting these blog entries. Every page hit gets me closer to a teeny tiny donation for my efforts. If you enjoyed my writings, please click here to register a page view. And also check out my other writings at http://mvitullo.gather.com/
Check out my other Blogs: