Wednesday, March 31, 2010

American Idol Season 9 - Top 10 Elimination Results Show - Who went home?

Hello Idol Fanatics!  Well, I can't help but gloat a little.  3 weeks into the Top 12 and I have picked the eliminated contestant 3 times!  Yeah, in a season as rough as this one, it hasn't been too difficult, but you never know how America will vote.  Ladies and gentlemen let's bid adieu to our latest booted contestant:




Eliminated: Didi Benami
Bottom 3: Didi Benami, Katie Stevens, Tim Urban
My Bottom 3:  Didi Benami, Katie Stevens, Tim Urban

Wow, and add onto it that I picked the perfect 3 right too!  I think this is a first for me to pick it all right.  So, it's all downhill from here right?  Don't talk to the pitcher in a perfect game, let's keep it going!  Anyway, even though I got it all right, it was a little bit of a surprise that Siobhan had no worries of being booted off.  Looks like America is willing to forgive a bad performance from her.  Good to know for future rounds, but I'm still not sold on her just yet!  Let's move onto the Highs and Lows from the results show!

Highlights
  • Ruben Studdard - "Don't Make Em Like U No More" - Wasn't a big fan of the song but it was nice to see Ruben again.  And it's crazy to see how much more comfortable he is on stage than he was back in season 2.  The man lost a lot of weight too!   Awww Ruben and Clay are going on tour together.  And how about the pink pony tail Big Mike was sporting tonight?  Crazy. 
  • Ford Music Video - A little "Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting" never hurt anyone! 
  • Justin Bieber is there!  I love unintentional comedy!
  • Big Mike getting a threat of the bottom 3 and picking Ryan up with such ease.  That was a good time!
  • Did I mention I picked the bottom 3 AND the ousted contestant?!  Okay gloating over!    


Lowlights

  • Clash of the Titans Tie-in the whole episode - Classic FOX trying to tie 2 unrelated products.  Anything in the name of marketing right?
  • Too much Andrew Garcia's MOM! 
  • Siobhan's outfit again - The SKULL shirt? Really???  
  • Usher's "OMG" - I usually like Usher but that song was horrendous!  Ooh surprise guest Will i Am! Nope, didn't save it.   Obviously, the dude can dance but who cares if the song is unlistenable!  OMG is right! 
  • Letting the contestants ramble on and on to the point of awkwardness before we find out their fate.  Didi with the guitar talk was a rough one! 
  • P. Diddy - I put him down here before even hearing him perform.  What on earth is he doing there? And really?  When did he change his name again to Diddy Dirty Money?  I must be getting old! And because of the Diddy performance we ran over the usual bloated hour tonight!  
So that's it America.  We didn't find out about next week's theme so we'll be surprised when we get there.  What did you think of the results?  Are you happy with Didi's ousting?  Hope you enjoyed my ramblings and I'll see you next week!


Ending Credits

  • I'm moonlighting at Gather.com and writing some entertainment articles, including re-posting these blog entries.  Every page hit gets me closer to a teeny tiny donation for my efforts.  If you enjoyed my writings, please click here to register a page view.     And also check out my other writings at http://mvitullo.gather.com/ 

Check out my other Blogs: 

2 comments:

Ian said...

Ryan did tell us next week's theme, I think it was right before Diddy-Whatever's performance. It's going to be Lennon-McCartney. I hope they don't just reuse a bunch of the songs from Season 7.

Mike V. said...

Thanks Ian, totally missed it...although there was a lot of talking at my house during the episode! I can't believe they're doing the Beatles again. That's kind of crazy. Oh well...at least they're awesome songs!