My friends, this day shall live in infamy. It will be the day where I finally faced my demons and did the unthinkable! Never in a semi-final round before have I been able to GO THE DISTANCE, PITCH THE PERFECT GAME, HIT THE GRAND SLAM. Yes my fellow Idol fanatics, I picked all 4 of our eliminated contestants! Oh please, hold the applause. It wasn't with a lot of trepedation on my my part. I had to go against Simon and his cronies to do it. And yes, they ate their words tonight after watching the show back on TV. All I am saying is, if the spot is still open, I'm up for Simon's job next year! Stick with me kids, I'm on fire! Just kidding, it will never happen again and I'm just excited. Let's say a fond farewell to these contestants who went home exactly at the right time.
Eliminated: John Park, Jermaine Sellers, Haeley Vaughn, Michelle Delamour,
My Picks: John Park, Jermaine Sellers, Haeley Vaughn, Michelle Delamour
I am so glad that the judges did a double take on Michelle Delamour. And it's nice to see America doesn't listen to them and just vote for who they think the judges like. There was no redeeming qualities about that performance and her repeat performance tonight emphasized that. Jermaine reinforced that he just wasn't cut out for this by continuing his awful preaching to America. And capping it off with an awful joke "Most importantly, go out and get you a onesie!" John and Haeley, maybe a little sad to see them go, but they definitely weren't cut out for the top 12 yet. So, I really have nothing to complain about. My picks went home! Let's get on with the highlights and lowlights of the results show.
- As predicted, Simon corrects himself about some of the critiques on the Girls night. He said one was so bad he had to turn the TV off. I think we all knew this was Michelle. And of course Kara had to eat her words on LIVE TV after Ryan repeated that she said it was her "BEST PERFORMANCE EVER!" Ahhh good times. I am all for making Kara look like a fool!
- Did I mention I got 4 for 4 right? Exciting times folks!
- The only redeeming quality of Danny Gokey's performance was catching Mike Lynche having his finger in the air during and bobbing his head during the whole thing. You drink that Idol Kool Aid Mikey!!
- Randy kept the Booing of Simon tradition alive and well. Randy, it wasn't funny the first time, it's not funny 9 years later!!!
- The "I Got a Feeling" group song. Granted, I love train wrecks so this should be a highlight. The hand gestures during the rapping, the jumping off sofas when they're singing about jumping off sofas, the lip synching. It was AWESOMELY AWFUL!
- Kieren, Dim the lights!!
- Making us sweat out Andrew potentially going home was NOT cool!
- Danny Gokey attempting to be Country. Even worse was his justification of becoming a country singer. Shame on you Randy Travis! The song was not very good and it was made unbearable when he went on and on and on and on and on talking about the story behind the song. His sidebar with Ellen about wanting to dance on her show was a little much too. The worst part? My wife and I are going to the Sugarland concert this summer. Do I have to see Danny Gokey when I'm there? OH NO!!!!!
I don't think it gets any lower than that folks. Me being forced to hear Danny Gokey life might just be the bottom of the barrel! Anyway, I am going to enjoy this 4 for 4 high a little longer before I start getting serious about calling the top 12 next week! One more week of the 5 hour Idol. We can do it folks. Have a great weekend, hope you enjoyed my ramblings and I'll see you next week!
Check out my previous posts to watch the 4 for 4 coming together!
Please Click to Support! I'm moonlighting at Gather.com and writing some entertainment articles, including re-posting these blog entries. Every page hit gets me closer to a teeny tiny donation for my efforts. If you enjoyed my writings, please click here to register a page view. And also check out my other writings at http://mvitullo.gather.com/
Check out my other Blogs: