Wednesday, February 21, 2007

American Idol - Top 12 Girls Perform


Okay, well you’re not going to believe this. I actually wrote a REAL-TIME blog as I was watching Idol (WITH commercials)….and it was fantastic. It was a brilliant plan, all so that I’d be able to write an Idol Blog AND a LOST blog. Guess what? I finished at 10:15 with the Idol Blog, hit submit and got an error. BLOG gone. Lesson learned? Always SAVE and create a backup!

Anyways…unfortunately, this all translates to a very small blog for you guys. Sorry! I just don’t have the time to rewrite it.

Overall? Girls were much better than the guys. And my fears have subsided about the level of talent this season. Am I excited about Idol yet? Well, not really. I think the show on a whole is just wearing on me.




Standouts from tonight and sure things to move on?



  • Sabrina Sloan – Wow, totally didn’t see this performance coming. She brought it from the start all the way to the end, and pretty much told America she’s here to win it!

  • Lakisha “Gap Tooth” Jones - I know Madonna has a gap between her teeth too….so is Lakisha the next Madonna? She obviously is the judges’ favorite. I don’t know what it is that I truly despise about her, but there’s something. At least I have plenty of weeks to figure it out!

  • Melinda Doolittle – We knew she was gonna be good. She may be a bit goofy looking, but the girl can SANG

  • Stephanie Edwards - She definitely sang well. I thought a bit too Diva'ish, but her pre-performance interview balanced her out. I'll save discussions about her Dionne Warwick hairdo for another time!

Other Good Performances



  • Jordin Sparks - Funny thing is she kinda looks like Traci Chapman. She's a young-in though...so she'll be good enough to make the Top 12, but good enough to go the distance? That is yet to be seen. But, she definitely has a strong voice and a good personality. We should keep an eye on her.

  • Gina Glocksen - I agree with Simon that she had a problem hitting the big note...but she was better than I thought she would be, especially with being a season 5 reject. I'm sure I wrote more about her earlier, but I'm fresh out for now!

  • Haley Scarnato - I guess she was a bit boring tonight. I know I had put her in my top 12 forgetting how awful she sounded on the last Hollywood day. But I thought she sang the song much better tonight. I wouldn't go as far as saying she sounded like she was 40, like Simon did. But, definitely got shown up by the other girls.

Questionable Contestants (Could go Either Way)



  • Nicole Tranquillo - Philly Native, naturally I wanted to root for her. But I could not understand the song choice for the life of me. I was very impressed with her vocal range though. If she can lose the attitude and try taking some constructive criticism, she might have a fighting chance. Otherwise, her competition is too strong, and she's a goner eventually.

  • Leslie Hunt - I've already blacklisted her for singing "Natural Woman".....Kelly did such an amazing rendition in season 1 (was the first episode I ever saw, and what actually hooked me on the show) that it seems foolish for anyone to try it. And she just didn't seem to have her heart in it. She couldn't sell the song. She may sound better on a different tune though, but I don't think she has what it takes for the long haul.

2 of these girls are gone by tomorrow



  • Antonella Barba

  • Amy Krebs

  • Alaina Alexander

    I would try to give them each a critique, but I truly have forgotten what they sang. Oh now I remember, Antonella "Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" she followed Sabrina...and just bored the crowd. Amy, "Can't Make you Love Me" - Seriously, I'm sick of hearing this song on Idol! And she didn't change much for me. Boring! Alaina - Pretender's "I'm Special" or something like that. Love the song, but she just didn't pull it off. Sorry Girls, it ain't gonna cut it!

Elimination Picks: Antonella Barba, Amy Krebs Wildcard: Leslie Hunt


I'm probably going to get comments that doing the blog like this is better than how I usually do it! And if that's the case, maybe I do better without notes! Couple more things I need to just mention in the blog. Ryan High Fiving Contestants, must be his NEW THING this year. He's so cool! Paula's hair......ummmmmm? Yep, that's it!


Remember, I'm going to be away tomorrow night, so don't be counting on a blog for the results show. If I do get around to posting one, an email distribution won't be sent out, so just check the site occassionally. And really, who wants to watch an episode where Fantasia will be the featured guest? (just threw up in my mouth by the way)


Sorry about the blog everyone. Hope you enjoyed anyway! See you soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh God! I didn't even hear the Fantasia part! Gross!!!!