Eliminated: SIOBHAN MAGNUS!!!!!!! WOO HOOOO!!!!!!
Bottom 3: Michael Lynche, Casey James, Siobhan Magnus
My Bottom 3: Siobhan Magnus, Crystal Bowersox, Michael Lynche
The best part of all of this? Crystal Bowersox was in no danger of being booted. The bad news? Casey still found himself in the bottom 3 after having the best performance last night. Maybe fans felt a false sense of security for him. Maybe more people wanted to ensure Crystal and Aaron were safe for another week (that would be me for Crystal and my wife for Aaron and his sweet comments to his mother!) In any case, I think America got the lowest vote absolutely correct. I'll just admit that I didn't have faith it would happen. So good for Michael evading the bottom 3 when he had a great night as well.
Not much else I can say except we're back to 100% Kara bashing next week! Sorry for anyone I have offended with my dislike of Siobhan, but it had to be done! Let's move on to the Highs and Lows - some of which, you'll notice, I blogged LIVE!
- Rascal Flatts perform "Unstoppable" - I definitely have had my fill of Rascal Flatts over the years and this is not my favorite song. But they could have gotten a lot of worse artists to be on stage! Plus, I still remember the first time they were on the Idol Finale stage with Carrie Underwood and it was a great time! But Gary, man your voice was pitchy dawg! Umm, so they're performing with Shakira tonight? Oh boy.
- The Ford Music Video - Yeah, Idol went too far with joining the Vampire Craze, but it was cool that they mixed in a little True Blood with the retractable fangs and then the Twilight feel to it as well.
- Well okay, them doing Shrek Voiceovers was kinda funny!
- My 100 votes for Crystal must have worked to get her out of that bottom 3!! (okay, maybe not 100 but a lot!)
- Sons of Sylvia perform "What You Waiting For" - introduced by Carrie Underwood. The lead singer guy used to be Carrie's violin player. And I believe they won that FOX competition with all the bands and stuff. I forget the name! Lots of cliche lyrics..you know: rhyming with "FOR" and "DOOR" and all that great stuff. We've all done it! But I'll give them a break because they're friends of Carrie Underwood! Plus, Shakira is still coming up, I have plenty of room for lowlights!
- Lady Antebellum perform "Need You Now" - Love this group! And if I haven't told you already, you need to buy these 2 albums of theirs. This song went mainstream, but all of their stuff is fantastic! By the way, an inside source tells me this performance was pre-recorded! Plus you could see the judges and contestants both were not in their seats.
- Michael is safe, Casey had the best performance of the night. Surely he isn't going home, right? Do you know what this means? PLEASE BE SIOBHAN!!!!!
- YES IT WAS!!!
- Siobhan being too excited about being a vampire in the Ford commercial.
- American Idol cashing in on the Vampire Craze.
- Cameron Diaz and Antonio Banderas there to promote Shrek Forever After. Granted, I'll probably see it, but this is American Idol, a music competition right? What is going on here? Oh right, highest rated TV program. Lots of eyeballs watching.
- Rascal Flatts with Shakira perform "Gypsie" - Well she certainly was dressed like a gypsie! Okay, I get it she's a gypsie. Um, what exactly did Gary add to the song? I think this LITERALLY was the first time he performed this with her. No rehearsal or anything. Um, wow that was bizarre. No need for that ever to have happened, and definitely no need to ever see it again! Um is she quoting Roosevelt??? SERIOUSLY?!
- Casey in the bottom 3 after a great night. Very interesting, but kinda upsetting.
So, next week we head to the Frank Sinatra era. Should be interesting with this crop of contestants. I do love me some Frank though so I think it will be a decent show. Harry Connick Jr. will be guiding our way through the soothing sounds of the great crooner. And good ol' Mike V. will be back in all of his recapping glory to guide you through what he thinks of it all! Hope you join me once again. Until then, unleash your thoughts in the comments on how you feel this elimination show went down. See you next week!
- I'm moonlighting at Gather.com and writing some entertainment articles, including re-posting these blog entries. Every page hit gets me closer to a teeny tiny donation for my efforts. If you enjoyed my writings, please click here to register a page view. And also check out my other writings at http://mvitullo.gather.com/
Check out my other Blogs: