SAVED: Michael Lynche
Bottom 3: Michael Lynche, Aaron Kelly, Andrew Garcia
My Bottom 3: Andrew Garcia, Aaron Kelly, Tim Urban
Well, that was kind of crazy, right? I guess it makes sense with the judges coming down on Michael and his "Broadway" sound Tuesday night. Or maybe a lot of people just assumed he'd be safe. I never envisioned Michael winning the whole thing, but he's just too fun to say goodbye to just yet. Especially when Tim Urban is still in the competition. Granted, I thought Tim did decent on Tuesday, but come on...Michael? Anyway, not really much else to discuss since no one went home! So let's get to the High's and low's!
- The Ford commercial! - Still cheesy but the night is never complete without watching a lovely Ford-Idol commercial. That's all I got!
- Michael singing "This Woman's Work" to go for the save. I hate the Judges save, but at least they used it on somebody good instead of saving it for Siobhan or something.
- Kara's attire. There are no words. And was she going for the mullet look or did it just come naturally?
- The lip syncing sensational Top 9 performing a Beatles Melody - All fantastic songs, with drippy melted cheese poured all over it. And I swear, even pre-recorded Siobhan doesn't sound human!
- Jason Derulo performs "Whatcha Say" and "In My Head" - I will say the songs are catchy and I may leave them on the radio if I'm passing by. But that performance was a train wreck right from the part where he sang his introdution "JASUON DERULO!!" to his spiked shoulder. Ahhh good times. Dance Party USA folks! What do I know though? Simon gave it a thumbs up! Good job on that discovery Kara!
- David Archuleta performs "Imagine" - Okay, I get it, because it's the theme of the week. But it is pretty funny that he wasn't asked to sing any new material. Ohhhh that crazy artichoke! (Season 7 blogging inside joke folks! Sorry, couldn't resist) Granted, he did perform it well. That was always one of his performances. But, I still put it down here because I've heard it enough on this show! My bad, he is working on a new album. So, maybe next year Archie!
- Rhianna performs new single "Rock star" - Nothing against Rhianna, although the song was kinda "whatever," I just don't understand why we need 3 performers every results show to fill up this hour. This elimination shows are way too dragged out. I say it every week, and probably will continue to do so!
And that's all I got folks. I already went on a rant in my Top 9 recap about Adam Lambert being next week's mentor. Don't get me started again! I'm sure I'll have a couple more choice words to say about it next Tuesday so tune back in! Hope you enjoyed my ramblings and I'll see you next week!
- I'm moonlighting at Gather.com and writing some entertainment articles, including re-posting these blog entries. Every page hit gets me closer to a teeny tiny donation for my efforts. If you enjoyed my writings, please click here to register a page view. And also check out my other writings at http://mvitullo.gather.com/
Check out my other Blogs: