- Trent Harmon - "Counting Stars" by One Republic - No one can sing much worse than Ryan Tedder so he already sounded better than the original. But, that said, it's not his best performance. America picked the song so he sang it. I'm guessing they're doing more than one performance tonight (good Harry confirmed it!).
- Dalton Rapattoni - "Numb" by Linkin Park - Nice. Turned Linkin Park into an Alt Rock classic of this millennium's first decade. I enjoyed that rendition! Of course, I like the original and the Jay-Z mash-up too. Probably his best change-up to date. J-Lo doesn't know what she's talking about. Harry knows what he's talking about. Keith sorta knew what he was talking about.
- La'Porsha Renae - "Ready for Love" by India.Arie - Didn't know the song. Didn't matter. She's just in a different league. The attire was interesting, but that's just what she does.
- MacKenzie Bourg - "Wild World" by Cat Stevens - Had a little bit of a Jason Mraz vibe to his performance tonight. Liked the arrangement. He may not have brought the house down, but I still like this dude. (And of course J-Lo referred to the likability)
- Tristan McIntosh - "Independence Day" by Martina McBride - She really is singing Country Karaoke's Greatest Hits. Granted, Carrie Underwood rocked this one on the Idol stage. But, if you ever hear a country song at a karaoke bar, Tristan has sang it on that stage. Ahhh, but she's doing on the piano. Nice. I'll give her credit for trying to change it up, but I don't know if it's a winner. She's already hit her peak. It sounds like the judges are on the same page.
- Sonika Vaid - "Let It Go" by Demi Lovato (or Idina Menzel, Kristin and Robert Lopez) - Nice Wind Machine! I feel like we're in the middle of a blizzard. I wasn't overly impressed, but she definitely will get the nod over Tristan. She still has a great voice.
America's Picks Round 2 (i.e. the round of tragic/horrifying pasts unveiled! Grab your tissues.)
- Dalton - "The Sound of Silence" by Simon & Garfunkel - I mean it was okay. He has great stage presence and the look. He made us listen to the lyrics. It's just the voice is not as powerful as everyone else. But, the people love him. And he's a likable guy as well. I really liked his 1st performance better.
- Mackenzie - "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson - Taking a page out of David Cook's book and changing up the King of Pop's tune (for the record, I wrote this before Ryan Seacrest brought it up!). Two totally different renditions. When this guy does what he does, he's awesome. I loved this.
- Trent - "Simple Man" by Lynyrd Skynyrd - The man has some pipes and conviction. Even though La'Porsha is leading the pack this really does feel like it's a 4 way race right now. It's going to be hard to figure out who is going home from this point (well, after Sonika is gone).
- Sonika - "Clarity" by Zedd featuring Foxes - I'm just out on her at this point, obviously. She's trying out there. Maybe trying too hard.
- La'Porsha - "No More Drama" by Mary J. Blige - Her earrings are to scale of the hair! Apparently, there was lots more drama to be had after the performance. Those pre-performance clips really packed a punch in round 2. So if she was building off of that into the song then more power to her. It was awesome. Still in a whole other league. Not ready to declare her the winner though. These Idol voters like their guitar strumming heart throbs!
My Top 6 Bottom 3 Picks (elimination pick in blue): Tristan, Sonika, Dalton
Actual Bottom 2: Tristan and Sonika
Eliminated: Tristan McIntosh - Not a tough one to predict! Farewell Tristan!
Tonight's bottom 2 - Sonika, Dalton
Elimination Pick: Sonika Vaid - She's put up a good fight, but it's her time.
I would guess from a voting perspective Dalton is getting more votes than where I'm placing him but if there's a bottom 2 someone has to be there.
Hope you enjoyed my ramblings and see you next week!