Friday, February 24, 2006

American Idol: 3 out of 4 Ain't Bad

Alright, alright. So I lied about not doing a recap of the results show. But can you blame me? 3 out of 4!!!! Even the controversial Patrick Hall pick pulled through for me! So, anyone that knows me knows that I never hesitate to toot my own horn. But I'll try to keep it to a minimum, just like this blog. Here's who was eliminated from American Idol 5:

Girls:


Guys:

So, I guess this officially means that I AM the only straight guy that watches the show! So, anyone want to hear my conspiracy theory on why Becky made such an early exit? Well, besides the fact that she couldn't sing, did anyone see all the press she made over the past 2 days for her MAXIM Magazine spread with her twin sister a couple years ago? Yes yes, they were scantily clad in a little baseball gear or in towels in the locker room. You know...the perfect image for our next American Idol! And, well...if they kept her in the competition, there's a good chance her votes may have increasingly went up while her minimal talent remained the same. I've never been against the theory that Idol DOES tamper with the voting system to their benefit. I mean there is no question that Heather Cox had no air time and was absolutely horrible a couple nights ago...she should've been booted and I don't think anyone voted for her.

So...I am confident that the Idol Producing team decided to squash the Becky issue before it got too out of hand. Hence, why Simon insisted on "pursuing your modeling career" when she got voted off. And that folks, is why I am VERY impressed with my picks! More so for Patrick Hall though, whom many had told me they thought he wasn't THAT bad. And, he wasn't! He was just forgettable...and that's what I based my decision on.

Alright...one more issue before I come to a close. I think people think that I have joined the judges and am officially OFF my rocker on the Giddeon thing. Let me state for the record, I don't think this guy is IDOL WORTHY, but at the same time....I am pretty confident he will be in that top 12. For the same reason I think Sway has a good shot of getting in there. Nobody ever said this show was completely about TALENT. If you haven't seen the demographics represented in the past top 12's of Idol, then I'm not really sure what to tell you! That is as far as I can take it!

Don't get used to these Results Show recaps. I'll write them as I see fit! (who am I kidding? I can't get enough of myself!)

What did everyone else think of the eliminations last night? Did America get it right? Is there something fishy about the O'Donahue vote-off? See you next week.

No comments: