Tuesday, May 09, 2006

American Idol: Final 4 Preview (Setlist)

Yep, I'm officially out of control with the Blog Stuff! In case anyone is having a hard time sweating out the 6 hours before tonight's performance, here's something to hold you over. Tonight's rumored setlist for Elvis Night:
  • Katharine: Hound Dog, Can't Help Falling In Love
  • Taylor: Jailhouse Rock, In the Ghetto
  • Chris: Suspicious Minds, A Little Less Conversation (duh)
  • Elliott: Trouble, If I Can Dream

My initial thoughts? 6 Songs I know, and 2 I don't. The 2 I don't? That's right....Mr. Tumnus picked them again! (sidenote: I probably do know them, but the song titles don't ring any bells for me, and well that just means they're less popular and already give Elliott a tougher road!) I actually think Kat, Taylor, and Chris went exactly with Simon's advice and picked GREAT songs. But, in a predictable move, Chris naturally picked a song that has gotten the most recent radio airplay in "A Little Less Conversation." Problem with Chris is...he's gonna have to show some life on stage for that song to work! But I think he picked a perfect song for him in Suspicious Minds...I'm sure we'll see the ongoing love affair with his mic stand while he utters the words "We Can't Go on Together." Katharine should rock the house in her sexy style with "Hound Dog" and bring that same house to tears with "Can't Help Falling in Love."

But as we know with Idol, there's always a chance for surprise performances, but my gut instinct is that we're going to follow the trend of people getting voted off at the right time for one more week. Let's see if I'm singing the same tune Wednesday night.

Enjoy the show! More Blog to follow!

No comments: