Hello Idol fanatics. You guys are going to have to bear with me this week as I am not able to give the blog my full attention. I have some personal matters to attend to. I did get a chance to watch the show last night, but it was late and I couldn’t give it the “Mike” treatment it usually gets. Here’s a brief summary of my thoughts of the 12 Girls vying for the 6 spots.
Safe Based on Last Night:
- Carly Smithson – Like her or not, she’s a top 12er no matter what. And Idol addressed her previous record deal. (always a plus for LIVE TV shows to address controversy)
- Asia’H Epperson – American loves her story ands he sang pretty well last night. She’s probably a top 12er
- Ramiele Maluby – Judges loved her and she sang well. I’m still waiting to be blown away and haven’t been yet.
- Syesha Mercado – Sounds like she’s a shoe-in as well.
- Amanda Overmeyer – I want to like her. I really do and she has the performance skills. But her singing style is kinda wearing on me. But due to her uniqueness, a top 12 without her wouldn’t seem right.
- Alaina Whitaker – I’d say she was the surprise of the night. Some are dubbing are Carrie 2.0. I’m getting concerned with all of the young talent this season. It could turn into a very bizarre top 12.
- Brooke White – The whole trying to make her “not nice” storyline is getting a bit old. But she is ultra happy when she sings. It’s unique and good for now. We’ll see if she can show some more in the weeks to come.
- Alexandrea Lushington – Randy and Paula loved her. I was with Simon. It was just weird. Not sure what America will think.
- Kady Malloy – It was a bit of a boring performance, but she sang it really well.
On the Cusp:
- Kristy Lee Cook – Yep, I’m going to have to take away the “favorite” status from her. Weird song choice, uninspired performance. But Paula defended her for being sick. Other Idol winners have performed when sick and you could still tell they were legitimate contenders. Kristy? Not so much.
- Joanne Borgella – Again, boring and uninspired.
- Amy Davis – I can’t even think of anything positive to say about the performance.
Elimination Picks: Amy Davis, Joanne Borgella Wildcard: Kristy Lee Cook
So that’s it in a nutshell. Pretty unimpressive night for the girls. But I was kinda tired when watching it. Anyway, I probably am going to skip the results show blog this week, but I’ll try to sum everything up next week when we return to our regularly scheduled blogging. Thanks for your understanding and I’ll see you guys next week!