Bottom 3: Anoop Desai, Lil Rounds, Matt Giraud
My bottom 3: Anoop Desai, Lil Rounds, Matt Giraud
Dialidol.com bottom 3: Allison Iraheta, Matt Giraud, Kris Allen
Man, was Dialidol.com OFF or what? And a hearty pat on my own back for FINALLY nailing the bottom 3 this season! So, Matt was saved for pretty much no reason. But, we figured the judges' save would be pointless anyway. It did add some suspense to the final few minutes of the night as he was the first realistic contestant to be in consideration. But all to return for a 2 contestant elimination in DISCO week next week? Yikes, I'd rather stay home. If ANYONE tries "The Travolta" next week, you may get a 2 word blog post from me next week! (wagers on what those 2 words will be?)
Anyway, yet another action-packed a "fun" filled evening on American Idol. I can barely contain myself as I get to the limited highlights! Here are the things, good and bad worth mentioning from tonight's show.
- Jennifer Hudson - Sure, it was pre-taped but that girl has been through a lot lately. And man, she sang the heck out of that song! Not a bad tune either.
- Simon giving his critique for Kris and saying it was brilliant. Looks like America figured that out on their own!
- Idol Group song looks like it was sung LIVE again. I'll give them that!
- The Idol Group song was "MANIAC" from Flashdance. REALLY?! Surely, there are better movie songs out there than that!
- Just like every other year, our Idol finalists went to a movie premiere (just happened to be MOVIE WEEK). And while I speculated briefly that they might get a sneak preview of Tarantino's new film (I'll refrain from writing it out to keep the blog G-rated!), I should have known it would be the movie premiere of the new FOX Film 17 Again with Zac Efron. Nothing was worse than watching the 7 of them lie through their teeth and talk about how much they loved the movie. Well what do I know? Maybe the movie is good. But I won't be rushing out to see it!
- Miley Cyrus - Also pre-taped. I know the kiddies love her. I know adults out there that love her. I guess I can tolerate her, but man can she not sing!? And her dance moves would ALSO give Megan Corkjoy a run for her money!
And you know, the Ford Commercial happened again this week, naturally. But I was indifferent so it makes neither my highlight or lowlight reel!
Well, Matt? Consider yourself a lucky man that you got to "STAY ALIVE" for Disco Week. I was a fan of yours, but if I had my way, you'd be gone right now! That's all I have for tonight kids. Hope you enjoyed my ramblings and I'll see you next week!
This blog can also be read and discussed on Gather.com Come check it out and throw some votes my way if you have spare time!