Eliminated: Matt GiraudBottom 3: Matt Giraud, Kris Allen, Adam Lambert
My Bottom 3: Matt Giraud, Kris Allen, Allison Iraheta
Dialidol Bottom 3: Matt Giraud, Kris Allen, Allison Iraheta
As I stated, I may have overrated Matt's performance just a bit. It wasn't awful, but I think I remembered the big note at the end and forgot the rest of the performance. He was never going to win and his votes from last week were probably inflated due to the Judges' Save the week before. So, good job everyone that called out Matt! But I think you all owe me a pat on the back for my defense of Allison! Top 2 this week eh? Not too bad. I mean, she really was awesome last night. I still stand by that!
But okay, let's get to the big news. ADAM LAMBERT - BOTTOM 3. Woa, wait a sec. ADAM LAMBERT - BOTTOM 2!!! Can you believe it? I guess people aren't big fans of Cows Mooing! Sure, this will all but solidify Adam into the top 3 with a HUGE rally next week. But what does this mean? Is Mr Jazz Hands vulnerable? Can he be defeated!? Well, I'm guessing the folks at American Idol would like us to think so. Considering we did not see the votes, there is no telling that Adam was REALLY in the bottom 2. We were just told that Kris was safe! For a brief second, I was pondering the thought of a finale with Allison and Kris and how good and unexpected that could actually be! Of course, still improbable. Danny still has his Gokey'ites out there and the Jazz Hand Fan Club will definitely be showing their support in the coming weeks. Just crazy. And with the Rock WEEK coming up next, can Allison really be stopped from getting to that top 3 as well? I sure hope not!
But enough rambling on about the possibilities. Let's get on with wrapping this thing up. Highlights and Lowlights!
- Ford Video - Actually pretty nifty this week, just like Matt Giraud's hats!
- Taylor Hicks - I give the guy a lot of crap for his lack of MAINSTREAM success, but I can't help but still like the guy, even if his new song "7 Minute Breakdown" won't be lighting up the charts. He's still an entertaining guy and a great musician!
- The Bday Food Fight - Well, it was probably an arranged fight by the Idol Producers, but who doesn't enjoy seeing cake thrown at other people?!
- Adam Lambert in the bottom 2! Gives everyone else hope!
- Natalie Cole - most unenthusiastic appearance on Idol I've ever seen.
- Jamie Foxx - most self-absorbed man I've ever seen. So glad he got to plug that movie instead of showing any amount of interest in giving feedback on the contestants. And that performance?! Oh dear. Gotta love the voice modulation on a show about good singing voices!
- Oh right, the Idol Group song. Well, that was PEPPY wasn't it?! It had pretty much everything you could possibly want except a constant sense of rhthym, melody and interest from the people singing it!
Whew, well that's all I got from tonight. Next week, Rock 'n Roll comes to American Idol and so does SLASH of Guns n' Roses/Velvet Revolver fame. Perhaps our Idol Contestants will be playing Guitar Hero III as well? Hope you enjoyed my ramblings as always and always look forward to hearing yours! See you next week!
This blog can also be read and discussed on Gather.com Come check it out and throw some votes my way if you have spare time!